Friday, August 17, 2007

Cramer Got What the Street Wants

Hi,

Happy Friday!

We just had a great day on the market. I am really impressed by Pradeep's ability to get deep insights of the market and his prediction of the market turning around. That's why I think in order to avoid potholes on the road of investing, we can not let us be driven by fears and emotions. We need the expert's eye and the help of the computers, which can process the data much more efficiently (without emotions!) and give us the buying and selling signals.

If you listen to the Wall Street talking heads, you are easily scared and sell your value stocks just at the worst moment possible. Just give you an example, this was how Jim Cramer letting out his emotions on CNBC, I found the link on uTube:

Cramer is Making His Points

That was a few days ago when BSC was taking a hit. Personally I don't think FED should cut the rate to save those mortgage companies and hedge funds alike, just like they took the risk made the bad bet (made tons of money) when things go bad there is always the fed to save them. But on the other hand, FED indeed cut the discount rate today the market went up. Let's celebrate it!!!

Stockbee gives us a list, I want to help by selecting a few stocks every week, hopefully I can provide a starting point from where we can all do some DD ourselves. Digital community like this is wonderful, we can all share our ideas and hopefully we can learn to swim in the market place.

A side note, I have been on the blog for a little more than a week now, and today we passed 100 "unique visitors" mark (that means if you re-visit me in a certain time frame they still count you as 1 person, every new visitor is counted as a unique visitor), totally we got more than 300 hits (on average you have come back 3 times). I saw there were 5 searches from Google and AOL. I googled "marketswimmer", it's there! I feel gratified!!!. Here is the visitors break-up (don't worry about your privacy, that's all I can get from the traffic meter, I don't know anything other than that). We got one visitor from Singapore today, welcome. I am in Houston, TX, USA, I will update my profile later. You are the motivation which keeps me going. If you like this blog, you can put down your comments, put a link on your blog or profile, or let other friends know. I appreciate all the effort. If the traffic keeps going up, I will add a survey part, that will be even more fun! Every once a while, I will provide some picks along with some humor and laughter.





Today's pick: GTLS

Really appreciate your support and talk to you later,

Mkt Swimmer

No comments: