Saturday, November 10, 2007

The New Site is Up!

Sorry, my new blog site has been down for one day or two, a long story. But now it's up and running again.

The new site, www.marketswimmer.com was "hard wired" to another domain which I purchased sometime ago. Recently I got a letter saying my domain needed renewal, unsuspecting me paid $25 for that. Unfortunately I have been scammed! Last Thurday, I found out my website has been locked, I was in panic because I don't want my views not being able to access my blog. I called Yahoo - my web hosting company - only to find out that I don't need to pay any renewal, my web hosting monthly charge includes domain renewal and automatically renew every year. At the same time, the scammer send me email, asking me to unlock my domain so that they can get control of my domain.

The name of the company is "Liberty Names of America", be careful everybody! Don't respond to any letter or email from any company you don't have any business association with.

Jim Boykin's Blog gives a good account of Liberty Names's scam:

http://www.jimboykin.com/liberty-names-of-america/

By the way, I contacted the Best Business Bureau, made complaint, called my credit card company, put a dispute on the charge, called the scam artist company and got back my credit.

For the rebuilt MarketSwimmer site, things should be better. Previously I could not use back button on IE, it should work now. Will be a lot of improvement. I will move some of comments into the new site.

Thank you and enjoy,

Market Swimmer

No comments: